CPS3 in HyperPie PC?

Verendus
Reactions:

CPS3 in HyperPie PC?

Post by Verendus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi - I know that when i load up Will's set in HyperPie on the Raspberry Pi, I need to set the default emulator to (i think) mame2010 and i found that in order to get all of the CPS3 games to run I need to change the default emulator for rom to be lr-fbalpha. How can I do that in this version? I don't see anywhere to set the default for a specific game to that? I think i know where it is in Retroarch but I'm not all that familiar with RocketLauncher.

Thanks in advance!

Flaco
Reactions:

Re: CPS3 in HyperPie PC?

Post by Flaco » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi there. Hppc runs all arcade roms using the mame folder. So you should be fine putting your roms in the Mame folder and not have to worry about a default emu like the pi.

Tubsy
Reactions:

Post by Tubsy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 pm

As far as I remember you still stick them in Arcade folder then rocket launcher has been configured to do the rest. There is a pdf guide in the HyperPie Expanded group that has many FAQS

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

mxstar1
Reactions:

Post by mxstar1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:38 pm

HPPC should be fully pre configured for Will's arcade set. Just drop the roms in the arcade folder and get to it. No need to set emulators, it's already done. That all being said. Compatibility is not 100%. I suggest you try it out. If you have an issue, post it here.

On a PC I suggest just using the full FBA romset in the FBA folder, or if you have the space..the full mame romset (split). However i understand wanting to just use the arcade set, and that is why it is in HPPC, just understand u will have a few games not work die to compatibilty and the fact that some roms are wrong. I know Will is working on a newer, more complete, 100% working set. However that may take some time

Verendus
Reactions:

Post by Verendus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks guys! I think I figured out the issue.

I was using a 256 GB usb thumb drive and it seemed to not work after awhile. I created a 256 GB partition on my D drive and attempted again and it seems that everything is working, including CPS3 without any errors this time.

Appreciate the responses. :D