How to setup Aracde Classics with HyperPie

Setup and Modification Tutorials and guides
rmilyard
Reactions:

How to setup Aracde Classics with HyperPie

Post by rmilyard » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Ok guys need some help here. First I used HyperPie 1.00 image and updated it to v1.01. I downloaded Will Arcade v4 set from Arcade Punks. I installed all the ROMs in the roms/arcade folder. Then in Attract Mode hit tab goto displays. I added a new display named Arcade Classics, layout = hyperpie-mane and Collection/Rom List = Arcade.
Now I see Arcade Classics on the main wheel. When I go into the wheel I see a bunch of artwork is missing. I do have 9763 games looks like.
Also when I edit the attract.cfg file I am not seeing this new display there so I can change where on the wheel shows up. Right now it's the last one. I was going to move it to where the Classics stuff starts.
Then the wheels FBA, Advance Mame, Retro Mame etc don't have anything in there. I guess that isn't big deal as could just turn them off.
Anyone know what might missed or how should fix/setup this?

rmilyard
Reactions:

Re: How to setup Aracde Classics with HyperPie

Post by rmilyard » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Still not getting it. I can change the Displays to not show wheels I don't want IE like the Arcade stuff but when I open the attract.cfg file in the .attract folder they haven't changed the in cycle and in menu. However is attract mode the wheels are gone. So where else are these files being written to?

ngok31
Reactions:

Post by ngok31 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi,

You have two arcade romfiles : one is Arcade Classics wich contains older games and the second one is Arcade. You have to make 2 differents Layouts in displays Attract Mode. One for Arcade Classics with Arcade classics romfile and the oother one for Arcade with Romfile Arcade.
Don't forget ton add golbal filter with Filenames equal 1 (something like that see it in the other diplays) or you will have a lot of games with nothing on it.

razor1116
Reactions:

Post by razor1116 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:21 pm

I have my Arcade set up almost perfect, everything looks great. Do I have to individually set each game in Arcade to a separate emulator? Or is there one that works for all. Seems like Ir-mame2010 works for most but it makes you type OK every time you launch a game. Is there a way around that?

razor1116
Reactions:

Post by razor1116 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:01 pm

I downloaded the Arcade.v4 (MAME)