Noobs Guide ?

Setup and Modification Tutorials and guides
The7thLevel
Reactions:

Re: Noobs Guide ?

Post by The7thLevel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:13 am

I actually went a different route and I bought a pre-built Pi called the EMU from a company called Gamerz Tek. It has Hyperpie installed on it. Noroms or emus, just the front end. I hooked it up to my router, and when I go to my network settings in Windows 10, its right there, and I can open it up, see the file structure, and copy files to it fro my C drive.

The weird thing is, the file structure doesnt match whats set in the emulators settings in Hyperpie. For instance, in hyperpie the location of of NES roms is set as home/pi/retropie/roms/nes or something like that.

But when I look at the file structure of the EMU, there's just 4 folders: bios, config, roms, and screens. So I tried changing the rom location for nes to /roms/nes. I then tried to update the romlist. It couldn't find that folder. so since the device comes up in windows as EMU, I tried emu/roms/nes. Couldn't find it. Tried \\emu\roms\nes. Couldn't fnd it. And the same thing with the emulator itself. I put it in the same folder as the roms for the nes, but hyperpie cannot find that folder.

Help?

Korkapotomis
Reactions:

Post by Korkapotomis » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm looking into a guide sorry no-one got back to you guys. How are you making out with your setups ?

Korkapotomis
Reactions:

Post by Korkapotomis » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Also we advise people not to buy pre built setups since we cannot help with them because we do not know what changes have been made . Everything is here for free